2N EasyGate IP - Signal problem

bundyboy

Neuer User
Punkte für Reaktionen
Hello,

I hope you can help me regarding 2N EasyGate IP.

for some unknown reason, the device has a very weak 4G signal. signal strength is only 2 LEDs of 4. while on a smartphone the signal is of normal strength 100%.

also if for example I move the device 1 meter in any direction, very often it immediately loses the 4g signal. and sometimes it won't connect again.

Please tell me what could be a problem ? What I can try ? could it be a hardware problem ?

Thank you

Hello,
have you connected an antenna to the EasyGate? It seems that the signal is too weak without an additional antenna
The EasyGate have a SMA-Antenne-Connection, Type SMA Female

Reaktionen: bundyboy
Hi,
thank you for the reply.
I don't have the original antenna, so I tried with a wifi antenna. and then the signal is full.

You wrotein your Thread-opening
for some unknown reason, the device has a very weak 4G signal. signal strength is only 2 LEDs of 4
but now, you wrote, that you have a full strength with a WiFi-Antenna.

Die Antenne for WiFi ist optimiesed for the WiFi frequencies, the LTE/4G-Frequenzies uses a much wider spectrum, from around 600 MHz up to 5GHz. Now, it's depends from you localisation, wich Mobilcommunication Frequency ist used locally.

Antennas für LTE/4G/5G Routers sholdn't cost that much, normally.
What is your location? Australia?
I'll hope, that you're not in an Area, where they don't have 4G/5G and will switch of the 3G Network in the near future.
As it'planed for example in the 'New England' area of north NSW

You wrotein your Thread-opening

but now, you wrote, that you have a full strength with a WiFi-Antenna.

Die Antenne for WiFi ist optimiesed for the WiFi frequencies, the LTE/4G-Frequenzies uses a much wider spectrum, from around 600 MHz up to 5GHz. Now, it's depends from you localisation, wich Mobilcommunication Frequency ist used locally.

Antennas für LTE/4G/5G Routers sholdn't cost that much, normally.
What is your location? Australia?
I'll hope, that you're not in an Area, where they don't have 4G/5G and will switch of the 3G Network in the near future.
As it'planed for example in the 'New England' area of north NSW
Hi,

Later I have tested with WIFI antenna, and then the signal was full.
no, I'm from Croatia - EU.
but thanks for the explanation :)
here you can see pictures of the device: https://www.ip-phone-forum.de/threads/2n-easygate-ip-4g-gateway-low-price.318801/

OK ;-)
(I've such kind of Antanna, I've bought for my 3G-Box. Bit 3G is swiched off in Germany ;-) )

Holen Sie sich 3CX - völlig kostenlos!
Verbinden Sie Ihr Team und Ihre Kunden Telefonie Livechat Videokonferenzen

Gehostet oder selbst-verwaltet. Für bis zu 10 Nutzer dauerhaft kostenlos. Keine Kreditkartendetails erforderlich. Ohne Risiko testen.

3CX
Für diese E-Mail-Adresse besteht bereits ein 3CX-Konto. Sie werden zum Kundenportal weitergeleitet, wo Sie sich anmelden oder Ihr Passwort zurücksetzen können, falls Sie dieses vergessen haben.